The Alfa Fellowship Program is a high-level professional development initiative placing up to 15 American and British citizens per year, and, as of this year, three (3) German citizens, in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy and related areas. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British, and German professionals, developing greater intercultural understanding, and advancing knowledge of Russian affairs.
- U.S., U.K. or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
- Graduate degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, government or public policy. Candidates without a graduate degree must demonstrate extensive and equivalent professional experience in their field.
- Outstanding professional achievement and academic qualifications
- Active involvement in community or public service
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another second language may be considered.
The application deadline for the 2015-2016 program year is December 1, 2014. To access the online application, please visit: www.alfafellowship.org/